Sunday, July 26, 2009

Conversations of a six year old Eli ... :)

On the way home from dinner Eli rode with me in the Jeep, while Manda and Madeline went to Walmart. Here is my best recollection of a hilarious conversation.

Eli: Dad? Do you know what my favorite animal is?
Dad: What Eli?
Eli: A sabertooth tiger, I wish I had one.
Dad: Why Eli?
Eli: Because their fangs are so big, there cool
Dad: Ya know Eli, a sabertooth tiger would eat you
Eli: Not if I had a bee-bee gun.
Dad: Dude a bee-bee gun is not going to hurt a sabertooth tiger
Eli: Would a rocket-gun hurt a tiger?
Dad: Probably so ... yes
Eli: Dad? Are you strong enough to pick up a rocket?
Dad: Depends on the rocket
Eli: Dad? Would a fighter jet be able to hurt a sabertooth tiger? A fighter jet with rockets?
Dad: Yes Im sure it could
Eli: Dad? Are you strong enough to lift a rocket from a figher jet?

Pulling into the driveway I think to myself ... I love my son, not because he wants to blow up a sabertooth tiger with a rocket from a figher-jet ... well maybe thats part of it. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it!! hahaha

And I love how every question begins with "Dad?" I don't know why this tickles me when kids do that, but when my godson has a conversation with me, every next response or question always starts with "Challe?" and I just love it.

I'm an emotional sap. haha